The Associated General Contractors of America (AGC) and other construction groups are partnering with the Center for Disease Control (CDC) to encourage construction worker to get COVID-19 vaccinations when they are available to them and increase awareness of the vaccine benefits during the week of April 19th-23rd.
The campaign includes:
- Distributing educational materials about the vaccine
- Creation of a new construction industry public service announcement
- Asking members to set aside time during the week of April 19th-23rd to share resources with employees and partners
- Hosting a vaccine education webinar in partnership with the CDC's National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health.
- Continuing to urge construction workers to get the vaccine even after the dedicated week is over.
"Construction workers have long looked after the welfare of their colleagues, reminding them to stay safe, wear the right gear and be aware of their surroundings," said Stephen E. Sandherr, AGC CEO. "Getting their shot is another way that workers can protect their colleagues, as well as their loved ones and community members."
Mobile Medical Corporation is proud to have worked in conjunction with the AGC for over 20 years and supports them in its efforts to raise vaccine awareness and education.