As Mental Health Month continues, here are some resources that Mobile Medical Corporation (MMC) has been using to bring awareness to mental health in the workplace.
- How to Support Mental Health in the Construction Industry
- The National Alliance on Mental Health's (NAMI) Mental Health Month guide includes some helpful statistics and suggestions on observing the month
- Mental Health and Suicide Awareness in Construction
- Making Employee Mental Health a Priority
Additional helpful resources and apps are listed below to help you stay informed, educated, and stand up for suicide prevention.
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline – hotline is available 24/7 and provides free, confidential support to those in need
- Call 1-800-273-TALK
- Crisis Text Line
- Text HOME to 741741 at any time to speak to a trained crisis counselor
- Construction Industry Alliance for suicide prevention
- CIASP provides resources and tools to construction professionals to help create and promote a zero-suicide industry.
- COVID Coach – free app available on iOS and Android, provides education and tools on self-care and well-being and allows you to track your mental health progress over time.
- Construction Working Minds – aimed at increasing awareness and providing resources on suicide prevention in the industry.
Workplace environments can sometimes be extremely physically and mentally demanding which can increase an employee's unhealthy behaviors. Over time these unhealthy behaviors lead to chronic and deadly diseases. As an employer, you can create a healthier workforce by implementing Health and Wellness programs.
By implementing health and wellness into the workplace, you will increase the physical and mental health of your employees. You can consider Health and Wellness Programs to be an investment in the workforce. Healthy and happy employees are less likely to be injured on the job, will be more engaged with their work, and less likely to be an absentee.
Mobile Medical Corporation can offer several ways to implement health and wellness initiatives within an Onsite medical services program and/or an Employer Health Clinic. Click here to learn more about the health and wellness services we can provide at your jobsite or company.